Recovering from an injury to a body part that is as delicate as the neck is difficult. You can no longer move around as you are used to, at least not until you have completely recovered, and the process of healing can take a really long time.
Thankfully, my neck injury from a car accident I was in is not that severe, so I don’t have to stay in the hospital for it to heal. I can recover in the comforts of my own home.
However, I still have to be really careful with my body. Even the way I sleep is scrutinized by my husband on doctor’s advice.
Every move and every position should be strictly supervised or I can have more severe problems than I already have. My doctor also recommended different neck support pillows that are supposed to protect my neck from excessive movements that might worsen my condition.
I’ve tried all these pillows that looked like they could be coming straight from a Sci-Fi film, and nothing really helped until this one came along…
The Travelrest Therapeutic Memory Foam Travel & Neck Pillow didn’t look like all the other “therapeutic” pillows. It looked like a typical U-shaped travel pillow that everyone has been obsessed with for a while now, and I honestly did not think it would work. If none of those insane looking pillows helped, how would this one?
But I tried it and here is what I think about it.
Features of the Travelrest Therapeutic Memory Foam Travel & Neck Pillow
- Made with special thermo-sensitive memory foam to provide superior neck and shoulder support
- This pillow is versatile; it can be used for travel, working at your computer, or as neck support
- Scientifically tested and developed by NASA
- The memory foam adapts to the contours of the neck for support like no other
- Ideal for chronic pain sufferers
- Comes with an elastic carry strap so you can attach it to your bag or anywhere else for storage/transport
- Machine washable and removable fabric cover
- Made with an adjustable drawstring for fit customization
- Zippered, plush micro fiber cover
I went in with this one, skeptical. I did not think much of it, but at this point, I was desperate to be able to sleep without waking up to pain in the back of my neck.
It also seemed nice and felt really soft and luxurious, like something you would find in a hotel room, so I slept on it for one night.
First impressions: It was soft and very comfortable to lie on. It was firm, but it didn’t feel hard. According to my doctor, softer pillows are better for recovering from neck injuries and chronic neck pain since they are more accommodating, and this one fits the bill.
I could also adjust the fit of the pillow, thanks to the drawstring. That feature makes it really convenient to use. The previous pillows were not like this, obviously, so most of the time they did not fit correctly.
I was in awe when I woke up the next morning. The pain had lessened. It actually improved the state of my neck injury, and I slept cozily the entire night.
It was just the right height to keep my neck and back aligned, and I was not in an unnatural or uncomfortable position. The memory foam wrapped nicely around my neck.
I don’t know about the claim that this was developed by NASA, but these things helped a lot to keep me from feeling any discomfort, stiffness, or pain by the time I woke up.
I used it a few more times and the discomfort is almost completely gone. I can feel my neck injury improving and my doctor says I can probably transition to a firmer support pillow very soon. I did not expect this to help at all, but it did!
The cover feels so soft to the touch, too. I’m a sucker for these kinds of fabric, and it made me a little too happy that it had this kind of cover.
It’s easy to remove for cleaning and is also machine washable, and I just put it in the washing machine yesterday. It didn’t rip or anything, and it was good as new when I took it out.
- Soft and comfortable pillow, perfect for neck injuries
- The memory foam adapts to the neck
- The drawstring is a nice addition for customization/adjustable fit
- Supports my injured neck and I can sleep comfortably all night
- I no longer wake up with pain and/or stiffness
- The fabric cover feels nice to the touch
- The cover is easy to remove and machine washable
If you, like me, suffer from a neck injury or neck pain, or are simply looking for a good travel pillow, look no further than Travelrest Therapeutic Memory Foam Travel & Neck Pillow.